Spring Showers Can Bring Summer Mold
Everyone knows a very high percentage of the rain that falls during the year falls in the spring. In Texas we get through the storms and heavy rain by looking forward to the beautiful bluebonnets they help produce along our highways and rural fields.
The heavy rains can also cause water damage in homes. Sometimes this damage occurs in a vacation home or in an area of the home that is not discovered until later, giving mold a chance to grow and take hold.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington are experts in both water damage and mold mitigation and remediation.
Our professional technicians will restore your water damage or mold issue while providing excellent customer service.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help
Call us at 817-460-7766
Best Year Ever Restoring Commercial Properties
With over 40 commercial jobs SERVPRO of Lake Arlington had our best year to date restoring commercial properties.
We'd like to thank all of our commercial customers for giving us the opportunity to serve them and restore their properties "Like it never even happened." We helped a wide variety of businesses all with their own set of challenges and issues that required a knowledgeable and flexible response. Our IICRC trained technicians understand the importance of completing each job in a timely and professional manner so there is minimal disruption, lost revenue and productivity.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington can help restore your commercial property.
Whether it is a fire, water damage event or a bio- hazard cleanup
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Call us at 817-460-7766
How To Avoid Fire Damage This Holiday season
SERVPRO Of Lake Arlington wants everyone to have a happy and safe holiday season.
Unfortunately nearly 47,000 fires occur during the winter holidays claiming more than 500 lives, causing more than 2,200 injuries and costing $554 million in property damage.**
Here are some prevention tips to help keep your family safe:
- Check your smoke alarms in your house
- Place Christmas trees, candles and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, heat vents and candles.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving home or going to bed
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
In the unfortunate event you do need our services SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is available 24/7 to help.
Call us at 817-460-7766
Source** U.S. Fire Administration
Frozen Pipes Can Lead To Water Damage
While the winter of 2015-2016 was relatively mild in Lake Arlington everyone who lived in the area at the time remembers the brutal winter of 2014-2015.
Some of the details -
- 40 days with the low temperature at or below freezing, this is well above average
- 6 of 7 days with at least a trace of snow, sleet, freezing rain or freezing drizzle from February 22-28
- Up to 7 inches of snow accumulation reported during Winter Storm Thor March 4-5
Freezing temperatures can lead to frozen pipes which can lead to water damage.
If this happens to you SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is here to help. Call us at 817-460-7766
Tips to help you avoid having your pipes freeze are
- Keep your home at a minimum of 68 degrees
- If you're away on vacation, shut off water supply valves to major appliances
- Remove hoses from and cover outdoor faucets
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
Title: Lake Arlington 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
Category: Water Damage
Photo Caption: SERVPRO of Lake Arlington provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Lake Arlington
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 817-460-7766
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of [[Franchise Name]] has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Does Your Lake Arlington Home Have A Mold Problem
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 817-460-7766
Restoring Your Lake Arlington Commercial Property After A Water Loss
Flooding and water damage events at Lake Arlington commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Lake Arlington
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Storm Season is Here Again
It's storm season again when the cold arctic air from Canada and the warm tropical winds from the Gulf of Mexico meet and cause major weather disturbances in North Texas. As everyone who's lived here a while knows we can see all kinds of damaging weather from torrential rains, ice, sleet, hail, high winds and tornadoes. When these storms hit SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is ready to clean up the mess and make it "like it never happened". With over 40 franchises in the Dallas Forth Worth metroplex and our expert storm team always on the ready SERVPRO of Lake Arlington has the resources available to handle any size disaster. Our highly trained technicians will restore your property while providing excellent customer service in the process.
24/7 we are here for you.
31st Annual SERVPRO Golf Tournament a Success!
Thanks to everyone who made this year's annual SERVPRO Golf Tournament a great success. It was great to see all the hard work leading up to the event pay off as the day ran as smooth as could be. We were blessed with a splendid October day at the beautiful Bear Creek Golf Club in Dallas. Good times were had by all as we raised money for the American Red Cross. The Lake Arlington franchise showed up in force with four teams playing. Although none could bring home the top prize they were all competitive especially in the "left handed marshmallow drive" and all had a great time raising money for a great cause.
For those who couldn't make it we missed you and remember there's always next year to join in the fun.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Lake Arlington
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.