When Storms Hit Texas
When storms hit your area, the experience can be very traumatic. Storms can do severe damage to a home, and it may be hard to know what to do if the situation were to arise. Here are some tips that SERVPRO of Lake Arlington has found to be very helpful during an emergency:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.