Career Opportunities at SERVPRO
Interested in being a part of the SERVPRO family? Apply today!
With 17 franchises in 6 locations throughout TN, FL, and TX, SERVPRO Team Nicholson is an exciting, diverse, innovative place to work. We foster positive company culture, offer competitive compensation packages, and prioritize community involvement. Come find out what it takes to be a part of our team!
Our mission is to be a proud, laser-focused team holding each other accountable while creating positive opportunities for our people and becoming the most efficiently run organization in the markets we serve. We value honesty, reliability, relationships, trustworthiness, and authenticity! Our team develops and provides solutions; we are go-getters and carry a “bring it” attitude to our work environment. We listen and value each other’s thoughts and ideas and strive to bring them to life. We are built on hard work, transparency, good business, and integrity. We believe “You can’t go wrong doing the right thing.”
Bill Repsel, our Regional Administrator, shared his testimony on what it's like working for SERVPRO. He said "Every day is a new day. It is an opportunity to serve others in our community in a time of need. We have an incredible team of people with great talent that strives to make a difference every day."
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is proud of the work we do and is always looking for like-minded people interested in a rewarding career. Please submit your resume to recruiting@SERVPROclarksville.com, stop by our office at 7435 Pebble Dr, Fort Worth, TX. from 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday, or click here to check out our current job openings.
Prevent Holiday Fires
Did you know these facts?
The upcoming holiday season brings traditions, parties, shopping, entertaining – and potential danger.
The latest statistics available from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) show the holidays are a high-risk time for home fires. Christmas trees are responsible for 240 home fires each year, and other holiday decorations cause another 1,170 fires. Thanksgiving Day sees almost a threefold increase in cooking-related fires; cooking fires are almost twice as likely to happen on Christmas Day as on non-holidays.
“No one wants to think about the possibility of losing their home, and even more tragically, lives because of a fire during the holidays,” said Rick Isaacson, CEO of SERVPRO Industries, Inc. “But statistics show, it’s important to be aware of the increased risk seasonal decorating, entertaining and cooking can cause during the holidays.”
Isaacson reminds homeowners that prevention and common sense can help keep homes and families safe during the holidays and throughout the year. Here are some sobering facts about holiday fires and tips to help keep your home, friends, and family safe throughout the holiday season.
Christmas Tree Fire Facts
- Electrical problems cause 33% of tree fires; 13% involve decorative lights. Check wiring on lights for breaks and wear. Replace worn strings and don’t exceed manufacturer guidelines for connecting multiple strands of lights. Don’t leave tree lights plugged in when you are away from home or go to bed.
- 42% occur on the 12 days from December 23 through January 3. Keep live trees well watered to reduce the chance of a fire.
Holiday Decoration Fire Facts
- 45% of all holiday fires involve candles; that number rises to 56% in December. Use flameless candles. If you do use traditional candles, burn them in sturdy candleholders, well away from drapes and other flammable materials, and never leave them unattended or allow them to burn down to less than one inch in length.
- 48% of all decoration fires start because the decoration is too close to a heat source. Keep all decorations away from heat sources like radiators, portable heaters, fireplaces, etc.
Cooking Fire Facts
- Cooking fires on Thanksgiving Day exceed the daily average by 272%. Supervise items on the stovetop. 58% of kitchen fires involve ranges; homes with electric cooktops have a higher risk of fire than homes with gas cooktops.
- Cooking fires on Christmas Day and Christmas Eve exceed the daily average by 96% and 89%, respectively. Keep flammable items – potholders, packaging, wrapping, wooden utensils, loose clothing – away from the stovetop. Don’t let lack of sleep or alcohol consumption affect your ability to concentrate on preparing the meal.
“It only takes a moment’s distraction or carelessness to turn a holiday celebration into a catastrophe,” said Isaacson. “We hope these tips will be a reminder to families everywhere to make fire prevention a priority in their holiday preparations, so they can spend the season enjoying family and friends, not dealing with the aftermath of a fire.”
What to Expect When You Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is here to help! Call us today.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can significantly increase the severity of the water damage.
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Lake Arlington has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration. It's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- What year was the structure built?
- What type of foundation does the structure have?
- What type(s) of flooring is in the affected area(s)?
- Have you experienced a previous water loss?
- Is there any visible growth (mold, mildew, etc.)?
Commercial Restoration Experts
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington answered the call when a dentist's off had a water line break.
Flooding and water damage events at Arlington commercial properties are often involved with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we quickly assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals at SERVPRO of Lake Arlington are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency arises in your business, give us a call, and we'll be there fast with the help you need.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is here to help!
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the restoration industry standards and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes and accept arbitration's conclusions and recommendations.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration, and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Lake Arlington
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration, and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO™ corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Winterize Your Home
Follow these tips to prevent water damage this winter!
Winter in Texas can be a gamble. Some years are mild and warm, while others leave us iced in for days. Nevertheless, it's essential to take a few preventative measures to protect your home through the chilly months. Winterizing is generally a task that can be done relatively inexpensively, will make a big difference in how comfortable your home is, help prevent fire and water damage, and could even save you money on those utility bills!
Here is some way you can get a jump start on winter weather conditions:
- Clean gutters and downspouts in mid-fall and double-check them before winter.
- Replace the filter in your furnace.
- Close any vents in your home that may have been opened for the warm weather.
- Disconnect hoses from outside faucets and turn off the water.
- Buy a snow shovel and other winter supplies before the messy weather hits.
- Keep extra water and canned food in storage just in case.
- Test your heating system so that you know it will work properly when you need it.
- Give your deck a fresh coat of sealer to protect it from the winter elements.
- Keep outside faucets covered when not in use.
- If it's below freezing, leave kitchen cabinets open and water dripping to avoid a pipe freeze.
We Do Mold Remediation
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 817-460-7766
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
Hiring an appropriately licensed, insured, and bonded contractor, such as SERVPRO of Lake Arlington, may not seem important, but it all adds up to help ensure that you and your interests are protected, and gives you more assurance that you’re working with reliable, reputable professionals.
What does it mean?
Bonding protects the consumer if the contractor fails to complete a job, doesn’t pay for permits, or fails to meet other financial obligations, such as paying for supplies or subcontractors or covering damage that workers cause to your property.
Insurance may cover such situations as contractor-caused damage to property, or provide payment to workers in the event of a work-related injury.
Licensing ensures the consumer that all employees at SERVPRO of Lake Arlington are properly trained and certified to perform the work you need.
For trustworthy, reliable contractors call SERVPRO of Lake Arlington at 817-460-7766
Cleanup after Hurricane Harvey.
Because I grew up in Houston, working with SERVPRO of Lake Arlington disaster clean-up after Hurricane Harvey got emotional for me. . A customer asked me, "why would a marketing professional drive all the way to Houston to walk door to door through muck and debris? " why? Because I watched my hometown go underwater from 400miles away, completely powerless to help. I watched people get pulled out of the neighborhoods where I went to school, played softball, and had my first communion. My entire childhood engulfed in the floods. I couldn't pull Houston out of the storm, but I can help her rebuild.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington gives us the opportunity to reach out and make a difference in our communities every day. If you have been affected by a natural disaster, call us at 817-460-7766
Spring Showers Bring Summer Mold
Everyone knows a very high percentage of the rain that falls during the year falls in the spring. In Texas we get through the storms and heavy rain by looking forward to the beautiful bluebonnets they help produce along our highways and rural fields.
Heavy rains can also cause water damage in homes. Sometimes this damage occurs in a vacation home or in an area of the home that is not discovered until later, giving mold a chance to grow and take hold.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington are experts in both water damage and mold mitigation and remediation.
Our professional technicians will restore your water damage or mold issue while providing excellent customer service.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help
Call us at 817-460-7766