When Storms Hit Lake Arlington, SERVPRO Is Ready!
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources. This is extremely important because a fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage and reduces the restoration cost.
RESOURCES TO HANDLE STORMS
When storms hit Lake Arlington we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of over 1700 franchises across the country as well as our elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
IF YOU HAVE STORM OR FLOOD DAMAGE WE ARE AVAILABLE 24/7 TO HELP
CALL - 817-460-7766
How to Avoid Fire Damage This Holiday Season
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington wants everyone to have a happy and safe holiday season.
Unfortunately nearly 47,000 fires occur during the winter holidays claiming more than 500 lives, causing more than 2,200 injuries and costing $554 million in property damage.**
Here are some prevention tips to help keep your family safe:
- Check your smoke alarms in your house
- Place Christmas trees, candles and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, heat vents and candles.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving home or going to bed
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
In the unfortunate event you do need our services SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is available 24/7 to help.
Call us at 817-460-7766
Source** U.S. Fire Administration
Frozen Pipes Can Lead to Water Damage
While the winter of 2015-2016 was relatively mild in Lake Arlington everyone who lived in the area at the time remembers the brutal winter of 2014-2015.
Some of the details:
- 40 days with the low temperature at or below freezing, this is well above average
- 6 of 7 days with at least a trace of snow, sleet, freezing rain or freezing drizzle from February 22-28
- Up to 7 inches of snow accumulation reported during Winter Storm of March 4-5
Freezing temperatures can lead to frozen pipes which can lead to water damage.
If this happens to you SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is here to help. Call us at 817-460-7766
Tips to help you avoid having your pipes freeze are:
- Keep your home at a minimum of 68 degrees
- If you're away on vacation, shut off water supply valves to major appliances
- Remove hoses from and cover outdoor faucets
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Lake Arlington
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO™ corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Lake Arlington 24/7 Water Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Lake Arlington.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 817-460-7766
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Lake Arlington has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration, in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Does your Lake Arlington Home Have a Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise mold removal and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today- 817-460-7766
Restoring your Lake Arlington Commercial Property After a Water Loss
Flooding and water damage events at Lake Arlington commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we'll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Lake Arlington
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO™ corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Tips to prepare your home for winter
Here are some tips to prepare your Lake Arlington home for the holidays:
- Do not let your leaves stay put! This can cause mildew growth and smother your yard.
- Keep your fire wood stacked away from your home because creepy crawlers love cozy wooden homes! We recommend keeping your wood piles more than 6 feet away from your homes.
- Make sure to pest-proof your beautiful plants.
- Cover and protect all outside faucets and hoses to prevent freezing and cold air circulating into your homes.
- Let the sun shine in! Opening your blinds or curtains can help to cut costs for electric bills.
- BE WEARY OF ICICLES! As beautiful as icicles are to look at, they can cause MAJOR damage to your homes. Leaving them can lead to leaks and roof damage.
- Humidify your air to keep mold away.
- DO NOT pour hot water on your frozen car windshield. This can cause your windshield to crack! Instead, use an ice scraper and a commercial de-icing spray (rubbing alcohol will work too).
If you have any questions feel free to call your SERVPRO of Lake Arlington! We are here to help! (817)-460-7766
Unseen Water Leaks Cause The Most Damage
There's always cause for concern whether you come home to a small water leak or a large water leak. Why should someone worry about a small leak? It is the water you can't see that actually causes the most damage! Your SERVPRO professionals understand how disruptive unseen water damage is. The water can contain bacteria, within a few days cause mold, and stopping the source can be very difficult if you can not easily see the water. That is where we come in! Do not risk secondary damages trying to cleanup the mess yourself. Call your SERVPRO professionals to ensure the source of the leak is stopped, the structure is completely dry so that mold will not spread, and to give you a peace of mind!
Here are a few tips to prevent leaks and a headache when they do happen:
1. Always keep your roof inspected and up- to- date on all repairs.
2. Document your possessions.
3. Keep your trees trimmed to prevent them from falling onto your roof.
4. Keep all gutters and spouts cleared out to make sure they are draining properly.
5. Guard your foundation and basement.
6. Keep up with your HVAC equipment and appliances.
This is a picture of our ozone room, we use it to clean and deodorize contents naturally!
Ozone treatment is a powerful way to eliminate odors without the use of chemicals or masking deodorizers. The ozone room can be used after a fire to get soot smells off of contents. You set the contents in the room, set the timer, and let it work its magic! The ozone room works by utilizing an electrical current and breaks down odors. The ozone room is a very important tool that SERVPRO utilizes when cleaning contents and deodorizing because it kills the odors at the source without using harsh chemicals. Here is the science behind the ozone room: Normal oxygen is mixed with an electrical current such as lightning transforming normal oxygen into activated oxygen. The activated oxygen is what cleans the air, contents, etc. This is why it always smells so fresh outside after a thunder storm! The activated oxygen from the electrical currents is cleaning the air naturally! Electricity is nature's way of cleaning the air.