Does Your Lake Arlington Home Have Mold Problems?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise mold removal and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today- 817-460-7766
Frozen Pipes Can Lead To Water Damage
While the winter of 2015-2016 was relatively mild in Lake Arlington everyone who lived in the area at the time remembers the brutal winter of 2014-2015.
Some of the details:
- 40 days with the low temperature at or below freezing, this is well above average
- 6 of 7 days with at least a trace of snow, sleet, freezing rain, or freezing drizzle from February 22-28
- Up to 7 inches of snow accumulation reported during the Winter Storm of March 4-5
Freezing temperatures can lead to frozen pipes which can lead to water damage.
If this happens to you SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is here to help. Call us at 817-460-7766
Tips to help you avoid having your pipes freeze are:
- Keep your home at a minimum of 68 degrees
- If you're away on vacation, shut off water supply valves to major appliances
- Remove hoses from and cover outdoor faucets
How To Avoid Fire Damage This Holiday Season
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington wants everyone to have a happy and safe holiday season.
Unfortunately, nearly 47,000 fires occur during the winter holidays claiming more than 500 lives, causing more than 2,200 injuries, and costing $554 million in property damage.**
Here are some prevention tips to help keep your family safe:
- Check your smoke alarms in your house
- Place Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, heat vents, and candles.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving home or going to bed
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
In the unfortunate event, you do need our services SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is available 24/7 to help.
Call us at 817-460-7766
Source** U.S. Fire Administration
Unseen Water Leaks Cause The Most Damage
There's always cause for concern whether you come home to a small water leak or a large water leak. Why should someone worry about a small leak? It is the water you can't see that actually causes the most damage! Your SERVPRO professionals understand how disruptive unseen water damage is. The water can contain bacteria, within a few days cause mold, and stopping the source can be very difficult if you can not easily see the water. That is where we come in! Do not risk secondary damages trying to clean up the mess yourself. Call your SERVPRO professionals to ensure the source of the leak is stopped, the structure is completely dry so that mold will not spread, and to give you peace of mind!
Here are a few tips to prevent leaks and a headache when they do happen:
1. Always keep your roof inspected and up-to-date on all repairs.
2. Document your possessions.
3. Keep your trees trimmed to prevent them from falling onto your roof.
4. Keep all gutters and spouts cleared out to make sure they are draining properly.
5. Guard your foundation and basement.
6. Keep up with your HVAC equipment and appliances.
Tips To Prepare Your Home for Winter
Here are some tips to prepare your Lake Arlington home for the holidays:
- Do not let your leaves stay put! This can cause mildew growth and smother your yard.
- Keep your firewood stacked away from your home because creepy crawlers love cozy wooden homes! We recommend keeping your woodpiles more than 6 feet away from your homes.
- Make sure to pest-proof your beautiful plants.
- Cover and protect all outside faucets and hoses to prevent freezing and cold air from circulating into your homes.
- Let the sunshine in! Opening your blinds or curtains can help to cut costs for electric bills.
- BE WEARY OF ICICLES! As beautiful as icicles are to look at, they can cause MAJOR damage to your homes. Leaving them can lead to leaks and roof damage.
- Humidify your air to keep mold away.
- DO NOT pour hot water on your frozen car windshield. This can cause your windshield to crack! Instead, use an ice scraper and a commercial de-icing spray (rubbing alcohol will work too).
If you have any questions feel free to call your SERVPRO of Lake Arlington! We are here to help! (817)-460-7766
Restoring Your Lake Arlington Commercial Property After a Water Loss
Flooding and water damage events at Lake Arlington commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we'll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Lake Arlington
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO™ corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Mold in Midland
Demo job on Arlington, TX home.
A pipe bursting through a multi-million dollar home and flooding it while the family was on vacation caused a category 3 water damage that leads to mold. Our team was there for about 3 weeks as we began the remediation processes. Our SERVPRO team is certified in water, fire, and mold remediation. We began the process by packing out all contents of the affected rooms in the house and moving them to an unaffected area. Once all of the contents were squared away our team began the demo. Our team pulled and saved granite countertops, cabinetry, and doors. Our crew also saved all of the hardware in the home to be reused. We then began to pull all of the floorings from the affected areas and cut the walls to pull drywall, insulation, and foam that was affected. Our team cleaned up after all the demo was completed and began HEPA-vacuuming all surfaces. Our crew HEPA-vacuumed multiple times to get up all dust, dirt, mold spores, etc. from the surfaces until it was clean. Lastly, our crew sprayed anti-microbial on all surfaces and fogged the home. We passed the mold test and were able to say our work was complete. The homeowner was very happy with the hard work from our team and was most impressed we were in and out in under 3 weeks!
Hurricane Season- Slightly Above Average
Weather experts say there is a slightly above-average hurricane season ahead of us this year. SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is ready to combat these storms! We have equipment for drying structures so they can be saved and not have to be replaced! This saves people time and money. The weather experts say to expect 14 named storms, 7 hurricanes, 3 intense hurricanes, and accumulated cyclone energy of 130. We must be prepared for these storms! Our certified storm technicians know the necessary steps to take when a storm hits your home. SERVPRO is capable of board-ups, roof tarps, and more! Our crew can travel to areas that are more likely to be affected by these storms like the coast of Texas and Houston areas; we traveled and worked during Hurricane Harvey in 2017. SERVPRO is here to help those in need!
Mold in your home
There are many molds scares in the United States because it can cause health effects, mold can destroy a house, and it can be very hard to get rid of. Mold can be an epidemic for some homeowners because their home is food for mold! The way mold spreads is through spores in the air, which does not always mean it will lead to a mold epidemic in your home. Mold can not grow on dry surfaces, the only way it can spread is with wet surfaces. A simple solution is to keep your home dry and you won't have a mold problem. Although, it is not always that easy!
Here are some tips to keep your home dry and the humidity low to avoid getting mold:
- Before taking a bath, shower, or cooking a meal on the stove turn on your exhaust fan. This will suck up any moisture getting into the air.
- After taking a bath or shower leave your shower curtain open to air out the tub.
- Make sure to dry any wet areas immediately!
- Ventilate, ventilate, ventilate!
- Open some windows if it starts getting humid and burps your house.
- Monitor your humidity levels indoors.
- Equip your home with mold-resistant products.
- Clean and repair roof gutters and try to direct all water away from your home.
Recovery After Dallas Tornadoes
Cindy and John were overwhelmed entirely when a tornado hit their North Dallas home. They sent this card to say "Thanks!"
On October 20, 2019, an unexpected turn in the weather occurred. Storms across the DFW metroplex produced ten tornadoes:
- Four EF-0 storms in Allen, Ferris, Kaufman County, and Wills Point.
- Four EF-1 whirlwinds in Kaufman County, Midlothian, Rowlett, and Rockwall.
- An EF-2 twister in Garland.
- The EF-3 monster that tracked from northwest Dallas to Richardson.
The largest storms, the F-3 in North Dallas, left a trail of destruction nearly 15 miles long. Many of the structures were deemed a total loss by the insurance companies, while the rest sustained severe damage.
SERVPRO of Lake Arlington was on the ground as soon as possible to assess houses and assist the residents in the journey through disaster recovery. We can handle the clean-up, drying, pack-out, move out, and rebuild after any storm.
Working in major disasters such as these is all at once rewarding, exhausting, and emotional. SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is honored to serve our community in times of need. We bring normalcy into people's lives by getting them back in their homes as quickly as possible "Like it never even happened."