Frozen Pipes Can Lead To Water Damage
While the winter of 2015-2016 was relatively mild in Lake Arlington everyone who lived in the area at the time remembers the brutal winter of 2014-2015.
Some of the details:
- 40 days with the low temperature at or below freezing, this is well above average
- 6 of 7 days with at least a trace of snow, sleet, freezing rain, or freezing drizzle from February 22-28
- Up to 7 inches of snow accumulation reported during the Winter Storm of March 4-5
Freezing temperatures can lead to frozen pipes which can lead to water damage.
If this happens to you SERVPRO of Lake Arlington is here to help. Call us at 817-460-7766
Tips to help you avoid having your pipes freeze are:
- Keep your home at a minimum of 68 degrees
- If you're away on vacation, shut off water supply valves to major appliances
- Remove hoses from and cover outdoor faucets